Updated: 9th of February 2020
You provide us with information in the following circumstances:
- When you contact us. You provide personal information when contacting us through our sites or platform. For example, we will collect your full name, username, company name, job position, email address, home or company address, and phone number when you register or subscribe to email lists.
- When you create a customer account on our platform. You are required to provide us your identity and contact data, such as first and last name, email address, company name, job position, mobile number, company-issued ID, and company registration documents. Customer account holders can provide or update us with additional information in the course of their use of our platform.
- When you create a hacker account on our platform. You are required to provide us your identity and contact data, such as first name, middle name, last name, username, email address, country, valid government-issued IDs, and video interview. Hacker account holders can provide or update us with additional information in the course of their use of our platform.
- When you apply for an open job position. Our recruiting service provider will collect your resume, curriculum vitae, and any additional information you choose to provide to us, including but not limited to employment history and education, when you apply for jobs through our sites.
- When you participate in our events and social media. We also obtain information about you when you participate or engage in an activity, event, interact with or otherwise communicate with our social media accounts.
- When you participate in our surveys. If you decide to participate and engage in our online surveys, you may be asked to provide your complete name and email address. You voluntarily provide all information gathered from your participation in our surveys. We may use this data to enhance our platform and/or services in any way that is compatible with the policies set out herein.
- Automatically collected information. When you visit our sites, certain information will be automatically collected from your computer, mobile phone, or other access devices. This information can include your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browsing history and web log information, browser type and language, and "clickstream" data, such as domain names and page views.
We process your personal information to manage your account and provide the services outlined in our Terms and Conditions in order to fulfil our agreement with you. Furthermore, as we are interested in being responsive to you and in ensuring that our products and Services function properly, we will use the information that we collect from you to:
- To personalize our websites in order to provide you with the content from our websites and to show it to you and your device in the most efficient way;
- To allow us to support, sign in and verify access by registered user;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activity related to our sites and services in order to contribute to the enhancement of our system;
- To establish and administer commercial relationships and transactions under our Terms and Conditions;
- To keep our sites safe and secure, which includes enforcing our Terms and Conditions;
- To communicate and interact with you so that we can keep you up-to-date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about our services and sites (including events, newsletters, and additional information);
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including via email and SMS in accordance with applicable law and in accordance with your preferences;
- To contact you about your account, answer your questions, or reply to any communications you send us;
- To troubleshoot any problems with your account or the Services, in our legitimate interest;
- To provide statistical information about our users to third parties (but only limited information is provided to third parties so that they are unable to distinguish any individual user from that information);
- To review and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, guidelines, and policies; and
- To exercise or defend our legal rights, or to comply with judicial orders.
We may share your information as outlined in this Policy (e.g. with our third-party service providers; to comply with legal responsibilities, protect and defend our rights and property) even or without your consent.
- We share your personal information with service providers that help with parts of our business operations, such as cloud storage providers, IT service providers, and search engine and analytics providers that help us improve and optimize our sites.
- We share your personal information with third-parties in order to comply with regulations and respond to lawful requests and legal process, enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, detect and prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Secuna, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We will only transfer, share, or disclose your personal information to a third party if the purpose is to sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business and/or assets to other companies in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We will otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
- With respect to those users who have a username (and personal photo or avatar, if any, associated with your account), such information will only be displayed and made available on our sites.
- Information you provide through your participation in research projects, community discussions, chats, events, and any correspondence will be shared with other users, our customers, or otherwise displayed on our Sites.
Our sites and servers are hosted in a location in the United States of America or Singapore. The personal information we obtain from you will be transferred and stored to a server located in the Singapore. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled and processed securely and in accordance with our policy.
To protect the personal information submitted to us, we follow generally accepted industry standards, from during transmission until we receive it in our system. However, we cannot guarantee nor ensure the security of any personal information you transmit over the Internet or through our websites will be 100% secure. We will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, such as for satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and where we are required to assert or defend against claims, until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements. Following the applicable retention period, we will promptly and securely destroy your Personal Information under applicable laws and regulations.
The types of cookies we use includes:
- Cookies that are strictly essential When you log in to our platform, Secuna will use the required cookies for the operation of our websites. They include, e.g., cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of our websites and enables us to know when you’re logged in or not. Please note that we use these encrypted cookies as user identifier.
- Cookies for analytics and performance When you visit and use our platform, Secuna will use the cookies to assess the performance of our websites. These cookies help us to understand how our websites are used and interacted by our visitors and users and to determine whether they have viewed a specific security program, profile, links, or website pages. We also use Google Analytics to gather aggregated statistics about the user of our services. These cookies help us measure traffic and improve the performance of our website and services. This information may be transmitted and stored on Google's servers. By downloading and installing an add-on by Google (located at https:/tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout), you can opt-out from this collection of information.
- Cookies for functionality When our users return to our websites, Secuna will use the cookies to recognize them. Also, these cookies enable us to personalize their content, such as greeting users by their name, remembering the preferences of a user (for example, choosing the language or region of a user), and tailoring our marketing outreach to our users based on their profile and involvement with our websites.
- Cookies for advertising and targeting To be specific, these cookies record the visit of a user to our sites, the pages that a user has visited and the links that a user has followed. We use this data to make the website more relevant to users and enhance the experience. We may also use third-party services such as Google’s AdWords and DoubleClick to deliver content, including ads or online marketing relevant to your interests.
At Secuna, we welcome children to submit security vulnerability information. However, some laws may restrict our ability to collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, kindly ask your parent or guardian to submit your findings for you. If you, as a parent or guardian, learned that your child had provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected]. If we, at Secuna, discover that we have collected and received the personal information from children under 18, we will take steps to remove the information as soon as possible.
Please note that any bug bounty payments that may apply are only issued to an adult (including the parent or guardian of the children).
You have several rights under relevant data privacy laws, including the National Privacy Commission's Data Privacy Act of 2012. Depending on where you are based, those rights can include the right to:
- request access or copies of your personal information;
- modify incorrect personal information;
- delete or remove your personal information;
- restrict the processing of your personal information;
- request a commonly structured, machine-readable copy of your personal information and that it is transferred to another data controller;
- lodge complaints with competent authorities in your country; and
- request a list containing the names and addresses of any potential recipients of your personal information.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or you may ask questions or relay concerns by sending us an email at [email protected] or by visiting us at Secuna Software Technologies, Inc.’s office, Attn: Secuna, Level 10-01, One Global Place, 5th Avenue cor 25th Street Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines.
As a data subject, you have the right to opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Secuna by following the instructions provided in those emails. If you opt-out, we could still send you non-promotional emails related to your account and our current business relations. You can also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including invitations to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties, through our contact information provided.